Sunday, February 15, 2015

Taking steps

Finally I was able to get my hands on a bunch of books on different aspects of biomedical engineering, including a godsend of a book from the Institute of Career Research. It explained more intricacies of the field than any other website I found, including licensing/testing information, letters from people in different branches of the field, and a bunch of helpful organizations and websites.

If you're considering a career change or want a overall view of a field you're interesting in I would definitely suggest looking into that book series.

Outside of that, I took out some other books from my library - mostly kids books, since that's really all I could find that wasn't fiction. Luckily the few I looked through had specific programs that piqued my interest.

Definitely helpful for me to have found these books, because I still want to do more research to narrow down what I want to pursue further. I'd be crazy to follow this path at this point in my life without some serious focus and direction. No repeating history for me.

Basically, use the Career books, do the research, and really know what path you want to take instead of blindly following the directions others (parents, friends, teachers, advisors, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment