Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happening quickly

Today I recieved some more information about Boston University's LEAP program, which allows people with a non-engineering degree to take basic engineering classes before entering the Master's program.

This is something I never thought existed, and surprisingly enough it's exactly what I was looking for... The thought of having to go back to school for a second bachelor's for engineering PLUS then pursuing a Master's would not only be ridiculously expensive, but also keep me in school way longer than I'd hoped for. I was turned off from that path, and luckily (as I explain in this post) I found a better alternative.

Anyway, I found out that I could apply this fall for the Spring 2016 semester, which is really great since it means less waiting.

However... It means less time to get myself ready.

Checklist for applying:
Fafsa
GRE
Letters of recommendation
Fill out and pay for application
Cross fingers

Financial checklist:
Better paying job(s)
Save more money
Find and apply for all the scholarships and grants

Moving:
Downsize
Decide between RA/CA and living in a form v. seeing if I can get a job as a teaching or research assistant to get costs covered. Or both?
Downsize more

The good thing is, I feel so much more ready, knowledgeable and cognitively present in this process, something that I didn't necessarily experience when I entered undergrad. I feel like I let school happen to me as an undergrad, but I have a readiness and enthusiasm this time around that I feel really good about.

No comments:

Post a Comment